With the help of the widget shortcodes, you can show the widget as a shortcode.
How to create the widget shortcode? How to create the widget shortcode?
- Go to Shortcodes > Add new
- You’ll see the Core Shortcodes > Widget
- Then click on Create link
You’ll see something like below screenshot:
- Add the Shortcode Title
- Select the widget from the dropdown,
- And press the publish button
If you don’t have any active sidebar with no widgets then you’ll see something like:
There is no widget into any sidebar.
So, You’ll see the widget shortcode edit screen show you like:
Let me add some widgets into the sidebar.
When we refresh the widget shortcode edit screen then these are available into the dropdown as:
- I have selected the first Heading widget from the dropdown
- And publish the widget
You’ll see the shortcode created into the sidebar something like: [shortcodehub id=’THE_ID’]
In above screenshot you’ll the shortcode is generated as: [shortcodehub id=’6018′]
Just copy the shortcode and use it anywhere.
Simple! right.Top ↑
How to use the widget shortcode? How to use the widget shortcode?
You can use the shortcode anywhere including page, post, products, widgets, etc.
For this demo, I’m using the shortcode on the page.
So, I’m doing:
- Create new page with title The Text Shortcode
- Paste the copied shortcode [shortcodehub id=’6018′] into the page content
- Click on Publish button to publish the page.
Now, When I visit to the page then, I can see:
- Page title as Test Page
- And the shortcode content