By design, plugin and theme makers do not receive usage data from WordPress.org. This allows us to stay true to the spirit of WordPress, giving users complete control of their data.
It also means that we have no information on how many owners and developers are using our plugins, or who might encounter difficulty when using them.
This makes it harder for us to determine who uses our plugin, who needs what and how to improve it.
We made it possible for anyone to enable usage tracking from within their WordPress admin area. This sends us basic data about the size of the site, how our plugins are installed, and how it’s being used.
Enabling usage tracking helps us:
- Understand how our plugins are set up and inform the development of new features.
- Understand the number of stores potentially impacted if something goes wrong with a specific feature or update, and act more quickly to resolve issues.
- Contact users if we detect a security issue.
By choosing to share your data, you are helping us make our plugins better for everyone. By understanding how youâ€™re using our products, we can create more helpful features, write better documentation, and make our plugins a more useful platform.
What we’ll track What we’ll track
We track non-sensitive data about how our plugins are set up and managed. We do not track or store personal data from your clients.
We track and store the admin email. This allows us to get in touch about important issues, for example, potential vulnerabilities (and information on fixes) and sunsetting extensions. We do not use this email address for marketing â€“ a separate opt-in is required to receive promotional messages.
Examples of what we track:
- Admi’s email address
- General information about the store, such as the URL
- Technical details about the active theme
- Technical details about the WordPress, HTTP server, PHP, and SQL configuration
- High-level information about all installed plugins
- Basic information about the store:
- count of users
- count, time span, and orders
- number of products and product categories
- Localization and internationalization
Tracking data is sent automatically to our servers once you choose to share data with us.
Thanks for reading! Thanks for reading!
The fact you’re read this post means you had an active interest in helping make our product more awesome, and for that we thank you.
If for some reason user tracking isn’t for you, we understand and wish you the best.